It should be entitled “scrumptious, simple seafood spaghetti” to keep with the alliteration theme…but let’s focus. We’ve been craving seafood recently and decided to make this version of seafood pasta in honor of January birthdays.
4 tablespoons butter (I used unsalted)
1 jar (8 ounces) clam sauce
1 cup (ish) of white wine
dash of garlic powder
1 pound of clams
1 cup of miniature shrimp
1 can of claw crab meat
spaghetti or pasta of your choice (3/4 lb)
- Wash clams with cool water, set aside.
- Melt butter in deep pan and then add garlic powder. (Oma had this amazing new cast iron braiser pan that I used. Worked perfectly!)
- Add clam sauce and wine. (Pour yourself a glass of wine as well.) Stir and heat just until boiling.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta.
- Refill your wine glass if needed.
- Add clams, shrimp, and crab meat to wine mixture. Turn down heat and cover.
- After 5-7 minutes, clams should begin to open.
- Add pasta to seafood mixture and stir. The longer you allow the pasta to sit, the more of the sauce and flavor it will soak in.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.